We log anonymous usage statistics. Please read the privacy information for details.
Information for authors & editors
Authors can publish with Language Science Press free of charge.
- Open Access - all books are published free of access to everybody, worldwide
- No fees - The publication of a book in Language Science Press is free of charge for both authors and readers
- Retain copyright - you retain copyright and are free to disseminate your article, make copies for any use, and/or deposit in any repository or archive you like.
- Support the community - by publishing your book with us you support the linguistic community and enable young scientists to read your work
- Be read - because our books are free to everybody, more people access the books and cite you.
Authors must use our templates and must respect the Generic Style Rules for Linguistics. Please follow these guidelines. The generic rules are complemented by house rules, described in the LangSci Guidelines.
Volume editor guidelines
Please refer to this blogpost for the production of edited volumes: https://userblogs.fu-berlin.de/langsci-press/2017/08/25/workflow-for-edited-volumes/
Have a look at the description of the workflow in general for more details. Refer to the guidelines for details of the reviewing procedure.
ScreencastsFor more information, see the screencasts on our YouTube channel.
If you have questions concerning the use of the software contact Sebastian Nordhoff.
Learn from others
The source code of all our books is available on GitHub for inspection. So if your manuscript has some typographically advanced element (e.g. a syntactic tree), you can see how others did it. The GitHub link is given on the web page of each published book for you to click.
We are happy to provide assitance with your formatting as far as our resources permit it, provided you have made efforts to follow the guidelines. You can direct your questions to email@example.com. If you would like to hire additional support, you can contact Carla Bombi, who is a linguist well acquainted with our setup. For support with geographic maps, we can recommend www.johnsoncartographic.com
The different series have slightly different submission procedures. Many series have some information on their respective pages (see list on bottom left of this page). Get in touch with the series editors to discuss your manuscript. Their contact details are also available on the series pages.
Proposing new series
Please see the form at https://github.com/langsci/guidelines/raw/master/seriesproposals.odt.