Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another press for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in the PDF format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines available in the Download section
- I have contacted the series editor to check whether the topic fits the series
- I have cleared all copyright issues for all graphics and other elements which were not created by me.
- I am submitting a book, not a book chapter. Book chapters should be sent to the editor of the book via email.
Authors who publish with this press agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the press right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this press.
- Authors are free to make their work available elsewhere (e.g. a repository or an anthology), but only under a non-exclusive license. We appreciate if credit to the initial publication is given.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this press site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this press and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Peer Review Process
Book manuscripts are peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers who are selected by the respective series editors. For edited volumes this review may be skipped provided the contributions in the volume have been peer-reviewed and the review process is documented.
A manuscript can be accepted or rejected. There is no revise and resubmit, but rejected manuscripts can be resubmitted after a year. If a book is not accepted 6 months after submission, it counts as rejected.
Please refer to the Guidelines for details of the reviewing procedure.